The Certificate in Business Communications program is designed to give participants the knowledge, skills, and abilities to begin a career that demands effective communication skills. The certificate is comprised of courses at the undergraduate level that will give students foundations in written, oral communication, and business skills to prepare in today’s evolving and highly competitive business environment. A total of nine courses build strong written and oral communication skills in core subject areas and develop analytical, critical, and creative thinking. Elective courses guide students into optional areas of business and advanced communications subjects. Students who join the program should expect to acquire the core knowledge and skills needed to understand and assist in the implementation of business communications.
To receive the Certificate in Business Communications from Southern States University, students must successfully complete the five (5) required core courses and four (4) electives for a total of 40.5 credit hours, which is equivalent to 405 contact hours. Students must complete the requirements within a five (5) quarter period.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Analyze and implement interpersonal skills that contribute to effective and satisfying personal, social and professional relationships.
- Assist in the preparation of business reports.
- Assist in the preparation of business communications media.
- Organize ideas and write effective and concise letters, memos, informal and formal reports to different audiences and for different circumstances.
- Have the skills necessary to obtain a job in a professional setting that demands effective communications skills.