The Certificate in Marketing program is designed to give participants the knowledge, skills, and abilities to begin a career in a marketing related field. The certificate addresses marketing and communication issues in today’s evolving and highly competitive business environment. A total of nine courses at the undergraduate level build strong foundation skills in core subject areas and develop analytical, critical, and creative thinking. Elective courses guide students into functional areas of marketing, or allow a broader focus, affording students the ability to develop skills necessary to take on the many challenges present in this constantly evolving field. Students who join the program should expect to acquire the core knowledge and skills needed to understand and assist in the implementation of marketing plans and marketing tactics.
To receive the Certificate in Marketing from Southern States University, students must successfully complete the seven (7) required core courses and two (2) electives for a total of 40.5 credit hours, which is equivalent to 405 contact hours. Students must complete the requirements within a five (5) quarter period.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking skills in evaluating information so as to make informed, ethical business decisions.
- Develop a sound foundation in contemporary marketing theory and practice.
- Assist in the creation of comprehensive and targeted marketing plans.
- Align and integrate marketing messaging and campaigns with an organization’s strategic objectives.
- Have the skills necessary to obtain a marketing related job upon completion of the program.
Core Requirements (7 courses)
BUS 101 Business Foundations and Analysis
MKT 305 Marketing Fundamentals
MKT 310 Consumer Behavior
MKT 315 Global Marketing
MKT 320 Sales Strategies
MKT 411 Introduction to Advertising
MKT 420 E-Marketing
Electives (2 courses)
BUS 210 Business Law
CIS 111 Introduction to Business Information Systems
MGT 310 Principles of Management and Organization
MKT 405 Introduction to Marketing Research
MKT 415 Services Marketing
PHIL 305 Business Ethics