MSIT is now available for International F1 students
Southern States University’s Master of Science in Information Technology is a two-year program that prepares students in the field of information technology. With its emphasis on providing a solid academic and theoretical foundation combined with modern IT skills, the program is structured to ensure its students acquire an in-depth understanding of the IT field, as well as the technical skills required to cope with the ever-increasing complexity of IT issues in the modern world. In consideration of students’ tight schedules and responsibilities, SSU’s IT courses are offered on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings and afternoons.
Upon completion of the program, Master of Science in Information Technology Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the role of IT in organizations and the various technologies comprising the broader area of information technology, and their interworking.
- Demonstrate understanding of the information systems life–cycle.
- Design a web information system using client–side and server–side scripting.
- Explain the technologies and issues in an e–commerce system.
- Describe the technologies and various models in cloud computing.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of big–data and data analytics techniques.
- Describe security vulnerabilities, and measures and technologies to secure an information system.
- Explain the technologies and procedures in carrying out computer forensics.
- Describe the ethical issues in information systems and measures to address them.
- Exhibit information systems project management skills.
- Design a complete IT system with database, networking, and other technologies and tools comprising IT.
- Have the skills necessary to obtain at least a mid-level job in an IT-related position within one year of graduation from the program.