Southern States University’s Master of Science in Information Technology is a two-year program. With its emphasis on providing a solid academic and theoretical foundation combined with modern IT skills, the program is structured to ensure its students acquire an in-depth understanding of the IT field, as well as the technical skills required to cope with the ever-increasing complexity of IT issues in the modern world. In consideration of students’ tight schedules and responsibilities, SSU’s IT courses are offered on weekday evenings and Saturday mornings and afternoons.
Upon completion of the program, Master of Science in Information Technology Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the role of IT in organizations and the various technologies comprising the broader area of information technology, and their inter-working.
- Demonstrate understanding of the information systems life–cycle.
- Design a web information system using client–side and server–side scripting.
- Explain the technologies and issues in an e–commerce system.
- Describe the technologies and various models in cloud computing.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of big–data and data analytics techniques.
- Describe security vulnerabilities, and measures and technologies to secure an information system.
- Explain the technologies and procedures in carrying out computer forensics.
- Describe the ethical issues in information systems and measures to address them.
- Exhibit information systems project management skills.
- Design a complete IT system with database, networking, and other technologies and tools comprising IT.
- Have the skills necessary to obtain at least a mid-level job in an IT-related position within one year of graduation from the program.
Master of Science in Information Technology Tuition & Fees
IT-500 IT Foundations
IT-501 Information Technology Systems
IT-502 Systems Analysis and Design
IT-510 Database Systems
IT-511 Advanced Database Systems
IT-513 Computer Networks
IT-516 Web Information Systems
IT-517 Electronic Commerce Systems
IT-520 Information Security
IT-530 Cloud Computing
IT-531 Data Analytics
IT-532 Computer Forensics
IT-533 Ethical Issues in IT
IT-599 IT Capstone Project