Financial Aid Office contact :

Southern States University
Financial Aid Office

Denise Souza Mastro (Director of Financial Aid)
1094 Cudahy Place, 
Suite 120, San Diego, CA, 92110
Phone: 1-619-298-1829


Federal and State Financial Aid Programs


To receive Federal Student Aid, you will need to:


  1. Qualify to obtain a college or career school education, either by having a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or by completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law.
  2. Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program.
  3. Be registered with Selective Service, if you are a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25).

Men exempted from the requirement to register include;

  • Males currently in the armed services and on active duty (this exception does not apply to members of the Reserve and National Guard who are not on active duty);
  • Males who are not yet 18 at the time that they complete their application (an update is not required during the year, even if a student turns 18 after completing the application);
  • Males born before 1960;
  • Citizens of the Republic of Palau, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the Federated States of Micronesia*;
  • Noncitizens that first entered the U.S. as lawful non-immigrants on a valid visa and remained in the U.S. on the terms of that visa until after they turned 26.
  1. Have a valid Social Security number unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.

Completed a FAFSA and the school must have a current ISIR to start the initial eligibility process. Students may enter the FAFSA into the government website at  This is the fastest and easiest way to apply.


In Spring of 2015 New FSA ID Replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN


In Spring of 2015, there is a new login process for our student and borrower-based websites, including FAFSA on the Web, NSLDS Student Access,, and the TEACH Grant website.  The new FSA ID, which will be comprised of a user-selected username and password, will replace the Federal Student aid PIN as the process by which students, parents, and borrowers authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information.


Existing users will be able to line their PIN information to the FSA ID.


  1. Sign certifying statements on the FAFSA stating that:
  • you are not in default on a federal student loan
  • do not owe a refund on a federal grant
  • Sign the required statement that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
  1. Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) while you are attending college or a career school.
  2. Be enrolled at least halftime to receive assistance from the Direct Loan Program.
  3. The Pell Grant program does not require half time enrollment, but the student enrollment status does affect the amount of Pell a student may receive. A student may receive Pell for a total of 12 payment periods or 600%.  Once the student has reached this limit, no further Pell may be received.


In addition, you must meet one of the following:



You are a U.S. citizen if you were born in the United States or certain U.S. territories, if you were born abroad to parents who are U.S. citizens, or if you have obtained citizenship status through naturalization. If you were born in American Samoa or Swains Island, then you are a U.S. national.


  1. Have a GREEN CARD

You are eligible if you have a Form I-551, I-151, or I-551C, also known as a green card, showing you are a U.S. permanent resident.



You’re Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services must show one of the following:

  • Refugee
  • Asylum Granted
  • Cuban-Haitian Entrant (Status Pending)
  • Conditional Entrant (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980)
  • Parolee

You are designated as a “battered immigrant-qualified alien” if you are a victim of abuse by your citizen or permanent resident spouse, or you are the child of a person designated as such under the Violence Against Women Act.

  1. Have a T-VISA

You are eligible if you have a T-visa or a parent with a T-1 visa.

Net Price Calculator!

Welcome to Southern States University’s net price calculator. Begin by reading and agreeing to the statement in the link page below. Then follow the instructions on the subsequent screens to receive an estimate of how much students similar to you paid to attend Southern States University in 2016-17.

To calculate the Net Price Click here Net Price Calculator