Business and Economy
- U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
- U.S. Economic Census Here you will find tools and information to help businesses learn more about using Census Bureau data.
- The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce manages Export.gov to assist U.S. businesses plan their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
Business News and Case Studies
- The Financial Times, a part of Nikkei Inc., provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
- Harvard Business Review is a general management magazine published by Harvard Business Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Harvard University
- LearningEdge at MIT Sloan is a free learning resource for management educators and students.
- The Acadia Institute of Case Studies (AICS), a non-profit centre in the School of Business Administration at Acadia University; they develop educational resource materials to assist educators and instructors in the classroom by providing innovative and enhanced “teaching tools” which reflect “real-world” situations.
- Form/Register a business entity in California. Depending on the business, there can be multiple steps and required forms. The Secretary of State website can help.
- The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) was created to serve as California’s single point of contact for economic development.
- USA.gov is your online guide to government information and services.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- The United Nations Statistics Division has developed a central repository of country profiles which include a brief history of the country’s statistical system, legal basis, the statistical programme and more.
- Population Reference Bureau applies its data, research, analysis, and communication expertise to a variety of policy-relevant areas.