What is the Student Ambassador Program?
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Southern States University. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, serve as an SSU representative and perform duties at various SSU campus and community events.
What does a Student Ambassador do?
- Welcome and greet public at SSU
- Provide various services and referrals to the campus.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of SSU.
- Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent SSU during college events.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Assist with variety of office related tasks.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and required trainings.
- All other duties as assigned.
What are the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador?
As a Student Ambassador you will develop a wide range of transferable skills that will benefit you. Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! Student Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that will help build your resume.You will earn letters of recommendations, get connected to and serve your campus, and help students and the community.